Thursday, October 31, 2013

My yard list is up to 17 species!  They are, in chronological order:
Northern Cardinal
Carolina Wren
Blue Jay
American Crow
Northern Flicker
American Robin
House Sparrow
Carolina Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Black-throated Green Warbler
Downy Woodpecker
Chimney Swift
Mourning Dove
Turkey Vulture
Eastern Bluebird
House Finch

While walking my dogs along the miles of trails around my house and in the streets of my neighborhood, I've also seen or heard:
Eastern Screech-owl
Cedar Waxwing
White-eyed Vireo
Swainson's Thrush

I'm planning on staying in Marietta this weekend (for a change), and hope to do some yard work to help make the property more bird-friendly. Just being out there during daylight hours should lengthen this list. Let's hope the weather cooperates!



0 comments:

Post a Comment